Setting up your Roku remote can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. With just a few simple steps, you can easily pair your Roku remote and get back to streaming quickly.
- Put Batteries in Your Remote – The first step is to ensure your remote has batteries installed. If it does not, insert two AAA batteries into the back of the remote and close the battery compartment.
- Unplug Your Roku Player – After inserting the batteries into your remote, unplug your Roku player from power for one minute and then plug it back in. This will reset the connection between the player and the remote.
- Access Settings on Your Roku Home Screen – Next, go to the home screen on your Roku device and select “Settings,” located on the left panel. Then select “Remotes & devices” followed by “Set up a new device.” After that, choose “Remote” and press “Continue.”
- Press the Pairing Button or Start Searching for Remote – If your voice remote has a pairing button, hold it for five seconds or until the status light begins to flash. If there is no pairing button on your remote, select “Searching for my Remote” instead.
- Select Your Device Name from the List of Found Devices – Finally, select your device name from the list of found devices displayed on-screen and follow any additional instructions that appear. Once complete, you should be able to easily control all of your streaming!