Roku TV is a brand of smart TV that incorporates the Roku streaming platform’s operating system directly into the television set, providing a seamless smart TV experience. Roku TV makes it easy to stream a wide variety of content from thousands of available channels including free, live, and premium TV. Roku OS is known for its simple user interface which allows users to easily navigate and access content from streaming services, cable TV, and other devices.
Here is how you can clear the app cache on a Roku device:
Restart Your Roku Device
You can restart your Roku device by following these steps, which can also help clear the cache:
- Go to the Home menu and select “Settings” by pressing the OK button on your Roku remote.
- Within the “Settings” menu, find and select “System” and press the OK button.
- Scroll down to “System restart,” select it, and hit OK again.
- Finally, choose “Restart” from the next menu.
- Press the Home button on your remote five times.
- Press the Up button once.
- Press the Rewind button twice.
- Press the Fast Forward button two times. Wait for the device to turn off and restart; this sequence will both restart your Roku and clear the app cache.
If the previous methods don’t work, you can try a more forceful approach.
- Simply unplug the power cord, wait a couple of minutes, and plug it in again.
Clearing the cache this way should help improve your Roku’s performance if it has been sluggish or experiencing issues due to cache buildup.