To activate and use the Apple TV channel on your Roku streaming device, follow these steps:
Check compatibility: Not all Roku devices support the Apple TV channel. Compatibility depends on the device model, which you can find under
Settings > System > About on your Roku device home screen.
Add the Apple TV channel:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll and select Streaming Channels to open the Roku Channel Store.
- Select Search Channels.
- Start typing “Apple TV”. If Apple TV does not appear in the search results, it may not be supported on your Roku device.
- Select the Apple TV channel when it appears.
- Press OK to view details.
- Select Add Channel to install the Apple TV channel on your Roku device.
Sign into the Apple TV channel:
- Launch the Apple TV channel on your Roku.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Accounts.
- Select Sign In.
- Two signin options will appear on your screen:
- Sign In On Mobile Device: Sign in using your smartphone. Go to the website displayed or scan the QR code on your TV and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Sign In On This TV: Enter your Apple ID directly on your TV screen using the Roku remote.
- If you don’t have an Apple ID, select Create an Apple ID and follow the instructions.
Stream movies and TV from Apple TV:
- In the Apple TV channel, select a category to browse or search for specific content.
- Choose a title and select Buy or Rent.
- Enter your Apple ID password if prompted to complete the purchase.
- Select Play to begin streaming your content.